- Name: Wesley Waldroop
- Instruments: Piano, Keyboard
- Years Teaching: 4+
- Education: Wesley earned his Bachelor’s in Music from Shorter University with a focus in both piano performance and piano pedagogy. His primary study was under the instruction of Dr. Jerico Vasquez who is known for his international performance career and his adorn piano technique. He also studied pedagogy under the direction collaborative artist and soloist, Dr. Jordan Miller. His previous training consisted of instruction under both Dr. Jimmy Slick, and nationally acclaimed pedagogue Mary Ann Knight.
- Experience: - Wesley has been teaching for 5 years in both Rome and Kennesaw, Georgia. He has been an active member in MTNA and GMTA for the last 5 years. He also Presented at GMTA Conference 2013, (Piano Student CPR: Innovative Repertoire to Rejuvenate Your Pianist’s Playing!). He has taught both privately and has instructed in a master class setting. His accomplishments also has earned him the following rewards: - Lilybell Lavender Smith Scholarship for Pedagogy (April 3, 2013) - Honors in Piano Pedagogy (2012-2013, 2013-2014) - Distinction and Honored senior in Piano Pedagogy (2014) - Distinction and Honored senior in Piano Performance (2014)
- Objective: I intend for my lessons to be more then the “average Jo” . Each lesson is designed to be a fun experience for the student. This is a time to explore new subjects through music which will also include fun activities and games away from the piano to help solidify a concept. This gives the student time to really think about what they will try to accomplish as well as keeping their minds open and broad which allows them to think creatively. The student will learn that every concept is a layer which builds on each other to create one prized product, SUCCESS. As a piano instructor; I want to see my students develop their capable talent as well as build a love for music. During each session, as a union, we will discuss the following topics: - Theory: the building blocks and knowledge to help understand and analyze music - Technique: the proper ways to play the piano which will help strengthen your ability - Musicality: the emotional and personalized character found within the music as well as being able to express personal vision - Performance: the skills and steps to help each student give a smooth performance
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today