- Name: April O'keefe
- Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass
- Years Teaching: 15+
- Education: April received her Bachelor of Music in cello performance at Georgia State University under the teaching of Martha Gerschefski. Shortly after graduation, she received her teaching certification for Pre-k through 12th grade music education. She was also involved in the Music in Education Consortium while at Geaorgia state and worked with musicians from the Manhattan School of Music, Northwestern University School of Music and the Atlanta Symphony orchestra on a project to incorporate music with general curriculum in the public schools.
- Experience: Upon receiving her certification, April began teaching public school in 2004 for Cobb County Schools at East Cobb Middle School in Marietta. While at East Cobb, April taught over 1000 students to play violin, viola, cello and double bass in a classroom setting. She received high ratings from nationally recognized adjudicators at festivals in Hersey, PA, Charlotte, NC as well as locally. She has had students be accepted to The Talent Development Program with the ASO, GMEA District 12 Honor Orchestra, GMEA All-state orchestra, MYSO and GYSO as well as having students receive high ratings at Solo and Ensemble Festivals. While leaving public school in 2014, April is still an active participant in GMEA events including organizing District Honor Orchestra. She currently teaches orchestra to homeschool students through SoliMusica Academy which we co-founded with Susan Brown. She is also actively serving as clinician for local middle schools including Hightower Trail, Dodgen, Dickerson, Barber an Mccluskey Middle Schools.
- Objective: April’s primary objective is to allow students the opportunity to enjoy learning about music through playing an instrument. With focus on proper technique and rhythm, she hopes to make playing string instruments as efficient, logical and attainable as possible for young musicians.
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today