- Name: Catey Lacasse
- Instruments: Violin, Viola
- Years Teaching: 3+
- Education: Catey graduated from the University of South Carolina with a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education. During her undergraduate studies, she took viola lessons from Dr. Daniel Sweaney, which culminated in a recital in April 2016. Catey also worked closely with Dr. Gail V. Barnes and Dr. Ann C. Witt over the course of her undergraduate education. Catey continues to improve her teaching and instrument techniques through consistent practice and self reflection.
- Experience: Catey has enjoyed both teaching and performing for many years. In high school, she played and toured with a chamber orchestra called Tucson Junior Strings for four years performing in Chicago, Toronto, and San Francisco. Since then, she has played with the Huxford Symphony Orchestra, the USC Symphony Orchestra, and the Sewanee Symphony. During the summer, Catey enjoyed participating in music festivals such as Rocky Ridge Music Center, Sewanee Summer Music Festival, and Chamber Music in the Mountains. Catey has a wide rage of performance experiences including many genres such as classical and contemporary, chamber music, orchestra, and solo.
- Objective: You will become your own best teacher. Students will learn practice strategies and habits that will aid their focus and progress. They will also be trained thoroughly in the fundamentals of posture, rhythm, note reading, and aural skills.
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today