- Name: Michael Optiz
- Instruments: Clarinet, Flute, Saxophone
- Years Teaching: 6+
- Education: BM in Jazz Performance from Kennesaw State University
- Experience: Michael Opitz is a versatile musician equally at home in a jazz big band, the pit of a Broadway musical or an R&B group. He has performed with a number of artists including Tim Armacost, Wycliffe Gordon, Chantae Cann, Melvin Jones, Mike Burton, Joe Gransden, and Chinua Hawk. He can be heard recording with groups such as Ryan Snow and the Bandits, Jamestown Revival, as well as the KSU Jazz and Wind Ensembles. He has traveled all around the world performing, including Montepulciano, Italy, Stanford University, and the Blue Note, as well as local Atlanta venues such as Churchill Grounds, Loca Luna, and the Velvet Note. Michael graduated from Kennesaw State University in May 2017, where he studied with Sam Skelton, Tyrone Jackson, and Trey Wright. He currently resides in the Metro-Atlanta area.
- Objective: To instill a strong work ethic, nurture a healthy sense of curiosity, and to foster creative, personal, and intellectual growth through making students better musicians.
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today