- Name: Sharon Dunn
- Instruments: Piano, Vocal, Childhood Development
- Years Teaching: 20+
- Education: Sharon's formal musical training earned her a degree in Music Education and Vocal Performance from Union University in 1995. she became a licensed Musikgarten instructor where she trained with Lorna Heyge, the founder of Musikgarten in 1998. She has completed her Kodaly Level 2 training and is certified in Conversational Solfeg from the Feierabend Association of Music Education
- Experience: Originally from the small rural town of Mckenzie, TN, Sharon and her family have been in Chattanooga for 13 years. During her season as a stay-at-home mom, she always stayed involved in a variety of performance, teaching, and learning environments such as singing with the Chattanooga Symphony Chorus, Chattanooga Bach Choir, Choral Arts Society of Chattanooga, St. Timothy’s Episcopal and St. Paul’s Episcopal churches, and The Voices of Reason Women’s Ensemble working as a Choral Soprano. Although classically trained, her musical interests have turned to exploring old time folk music, bluegrass and jazz, which led her to pursue classes at the Nashville Jazz Workshop and to co-found the local Americana bands, The Campfire Girls and The Greater Tuna Hot Club. Sharon teaches Early Childhood Music classes in Chattanooga and with Music to Grow in Marietta and serves as a musical Volunteer at Children’s Hospital and Eldercare situations.
- Objective: As a vocal instructor, Ms. Dunn wants to help each individual, regardless of age, to utilize their own instrument (the natural voice) in a healthy way, no matter the genre of music. As a piano instructor, she applies her knowledge of the Pathway to Musical Literacy to help children and adults to become truly musically literate and to enjoy sharing their music with others.
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today