- Name: Samantha Tang
- Instruments: Piano, Viola
- Years Teaching: 1+
- Education: Samantha Tang is currently pursuing a Bachelor of Music degree at Kennesaw State University in Viola Performance under Dr. Allyson Fleck, a student of Sally Chisholm and Manuel Diaz. She began playing the viola in 6th grade and have also received extensive private piano instruction for nine years under Jody Smith Parrish.
- Experience: Samantha has participated in the Cobb County Honor Orchestra and was a also member of the Georgia Youth Symphony Orchestra (GYSO) for four years. During her studies at Kennesaw State University, she has performed in chamber ensemble and viola masterclasses for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO) violists Lachlan McBane, Paul Murphy, violinist Justin Bruns, and Manuel Diaz (Columbus State University). In 2014, Samantha had been selected to participate in the Georgia Music Educators Association (GMEA) All-College Orchestra in Savannah, Georgia. Recently, Ms. Tang attended the Franklin Pond Chamber Music College Festival in Atlanta, Georgia, where she spent a five-week intensive learning and performing masterclasses amongst Atlanta Symphony Orchestra musicians. As an active member of the American String Teachers Association (ASTA), she attended the 2014 National ASTA Conference in Louisville, Kentucky. Outside of classes, Samantha volunteers extensively for middle school and high school orchestra events, coaching students. Samantha teaches, practices, and freelances in the majority of her spare time. She aspires to continue her career with graduate and post-graduate studies in hopes of creating her own private studio, and a new creative and collaborative chamber ensemble.
- Objective: Teaching students how to be knowledgeable and comprehensive musicians, while learning the joy of making music in any setting. Achieving in-depth ability and proficiency in many aspects of music, as well as the viola, which will improve the student's understanding of the world around them. This will bring them to fully appreciate the arts, and release their full creative potential crucial in succeeding.
- View Availability: Schedule and Register Today